With the goal of increased simplicity and focus on the text, the following features are used in variation from the ASV, as originally published by Thomas Nelson & Sons © 1901:
- Use of independent Old Testament and New Testament Prefaces, Table of Contents, numbering, and copyright notices has been merged into a single instance of each to provide a single, integrated Preface
- Page reference ranges at the top of each page have not been retained.
- Passage headings have not been retained
- Marginal cross references contained in the center column have not been retained
- Marginal footnotes have been reduced to mark only those variants significant enough to warrant attention, where text is omitted, disputed, or deemed theologically sensitive
- Maps have not been retained